The Hong Kong Housing Society is committed to providing sustainable housing and property management services by continuously improving our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System which embraces the following environmental protection principles:
- To integrate environmental considerations in the housing development and property management operations;
- To prevent pollution and to protect the environment by conserving natural resources and minimizing waste;
- To comply with all legal requirements and related obligations on environmental protection where applicable;
- To encourage co-operation from our suppliers, consultants, contractors, residents and tenants in environmental protection and collaborate with them in the promotion and implementation of good environmental management practices;
- To seek continuous environmental improvements through environmental objectives and continual improvement of the environmental management system; and
- To enhance environmental awareness through internal and external communication of our policy and knowledge sharing with our staff members, suppliers, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders.