The Hong Kong Housing Society (HKHS) is a non-government organization providing housing and associated services in Hong Kong. The Property Management Division (PMD) is its executive arm mainly responsible for the vetting of public housing application, tenancy and property management services. It pledges to commit to quality, occupational safety and health and environmental protection, working to its best to meet customers’ requirements, complying with legal/regulatory requirements, and would continue to make improvements to the management system and to ensure quality, safety and environmental performance are maintained. We are committed:
- to achieving customers’ satisfaction;
- to encouraging co-operation and joint effort with suppliers and contractors, tenants and residents in the promotion and implementation of good quality, occupational safety and health and environmental management practices;
- to complying with all applicable legislations and subscribed requirements on quality, occupational safety and health and environmental protection;
- to preventing pollution and protecting the environment by addressing potential risks and opportunities, conserving natural/sustainable resources and minimizing wastes;
- to continuously identifying the safety and environmental aspects, assessing risks and abating potential hazards;
- to continually improving the working environment by establishing the integrated management system;
- to enhancing quality, occupational safety and health and environmental awareness and knowledge of PMD’s policies and practices among staff members, suppliers, contractors and other interested parties via trainings, internal and external communication.
This policy should be understood, implemented and maintained by all members of PMD and it will be reviewed regularly to ensure effective implementation.