Under the“Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” (“Letting Scheme 2019”), eligible owners of designated subsidised sale flats of HKHS and Hong Kong Housing Authority are allowed to let their flats/bedrooms to eligible households with premium unpaid. “Letting Scheme 2019” aims to optimise the utilisation of existing housing resources while providing a transitional housing option for the people who are applying for public housing and have the need to improve the living environment. Application for eligible owners will open starting from 18 November 2019 while application for tenant households will open in December this year.
Commencing from 18 November 2019, interested owners can get more information about the Scheme, obtain or download the “Letting Scheme 2019” application form via the following locations or platform:
(1) HKHS Applications Section (G/F, Dragon Centre, 23 Wun Sha Street, Tai Hang, Hong Kong)
(2) HKHS Rental Estate Offices
(3) Designated webpage of “Letting Scheme 2019”(lettingscheme.hkhs.com)
(4) Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of the Home Affairs Department (from 18 November to 20 December 2019)
For more details, please contact the Scheme hotline 8108 0678 or refer to the Press Release.
It is anticipated that the rental blocks of Hong Kong Housing Society in Aberdeen, viz Pak Sha Lau, Shun Fung Lau and Hoy Kong Lau of Yue Kwong Chuen, will be redeveloped after 5 years. Before redevelopment, the Housing Society will provide some of these vacant domestic flats as transitional housing for application by applicants of public rental housing of the Hong Kong Housing Authority who are awaiting for allocation of public rental housing.
Application Period: 16 July 2018 to 3 August 2018 (Application has been closed)
Application fee: HK$200
• 1 person family must be applicant of Single Elderly Persons Priority Scheme of the Hong Kong Housing Authority
• 2-3 person family
(the above applicant of both categories must hold a valid application for public rental housing (PRH) of the Housing Authority which has been registered for 3 years or above.)
1. The information of the Applicant and/or the persons listed in the application form must be the same as that of the application for public rental housing of the Housing Authority;
2. The Applicant and/or the persons listed in the application form must comply with the existing policies and criteria for applying public rental housing of the Housing Authority (including but not limited to number of family members, income and asset limit); and
3. The Applicant and/or the persons listed in the application form must not own any domestic property in Hong Kong (including subsidised sale flats) at any time from the date of application for the Housing Authority’s public rental housing up to the subsistence of the Monthly Licence issued under the Scheme.
Enquiry Hotline: (852) 8103 0330