Under the "Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid" ("Letting Scheme"), eligible owners of designated subsidised sale flats provided by HKHS and Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) with premium unpaid are allowed to let their flat/bedroom(s) to eligible public rental housing applicants as "T-Home". "Letting Scheme" aims to optimise the utilisation of existing housing resources while providing a transitional housing option for the people who are applying for public housing and have the need to improve the living environment.
Commencing from 25 November 2020, interested owners or tenants can get more information about the Scheme, obtain or download the application form via the following locations or platform:
(1) HKHS Applications Section (G/F, Dragon Centre, 23 Wun Sha Street, Tai Hang, Hong Kong)
(2) HKHS Rental Estate Offices
(3) Designated webpage of "Letting Scheme"(lettingscheme.hkhs.com)
For more details, please contact the Scheme hotline 8108 0678 or refer to the Press Release.
To optimise the use of existing housing resources and to allow families queuing for public rental housing an opportunity to improve their living environment, Hong Kong Housing Society (HKHS) now launches the Transitional Rental Housing Scheme again to allow applicants of public rental housing of the Hong Kong Housing Authority (Housing Authority), who are awaiting allocation of public rental housing, to apply for some of the renovated vacant domestic flats in Blocks A – E at Ming Wah Dai Ha in Shaukeiwan (click here for the layout plan) as transitional rental housing before the redevelopment of the blocks anticipated to commence from 2028. While Phase I Redevelopment of Ming Wah Dai Ha (Block 1 & 2) is NOT included in this Scheme.
Application Period: 23 September 2021 to 6 October 2021
Application fee: HK$100
1. Applicants must be from 2-4 person families whose applications for public rental housing of the Housing Authority have been registered for 3 years or more (i.e. the registration date is on or before 7 October 2018); and
2. The application for public rental housing of the Housing Authority must remain valid at any time from the registration date for application of the Housing Authority's public rental housing up to the commencement of the Monthly Licence issued under the Scheme and during the subsistence of the Monthly Licence; and
3. The information of the applicant and his/her family member(s) must be the same as that of the application for public rental housing of the Housing Authority; and
4. The applicant and his/her family member(s) must comply with the existing policies and criteria for applying public rental housing of the Housing Authority (including but not limited to number of family members, income and asset limit), and must not own directly or indirectly in any manner any domestic property in Hong Kong (including Subsidised Sale Flats) at any time from the date of application for the Housing Authority's public rental housing up to the commencement of the Monthly Licence issued under the Scheme and during the subsistence of the Monthly Licence ; and
5. Tenants/licensees and their spouses of public rental housing, Transitional Rental Housing, and Monthly/Occupation Licence of HKHS and Housing Authority, are not eligible to apply.
During the application period, interested Applicants can only submit applications in one of the following manners, all related duplicated applications found will thus be cancelled:
1. Submit online application for Transitional Rental Housing Scheme – Ming Wah Dai Ha and pay the application fee of $100 simultaneously at the HKHS website. (Please note: If the application has been successfully submitted online, applicants do not have to submit again by post or by hand, or vice versa, otherwise it would be considered as duplicated application.)
2. Obtain the application form of the Transitional Rental Housing Scheme – Ming Wah Dai Ha at the following locations or via the link below and submit the completed form by mail to HKHS, G.P.O. Box 13620, Hong Kong or by dropping the form in the collection box at HKHS Applications Section within the application period.
Enquiry Hotline：(852) 8103 0330
It is anticipated that HKHS's rental housing estate in Kowloon City, viz Chun Seen Mei Chuen, will be redeveloped in about five years. To optimise the use of existing housing resources, HKHS now launches the transitional rental housing scheme again so as to let out some of the refurbished vacant domestic flats therein as transitional rental housing before its redevelopment. Application is opened to families queuing for the Hong Kong Housing Authority's public rental housing, with an aim to improve their living environment. The application of Chun Seen Mei Chuen's "T-Home" was closed in March 2021 and all flats were allocated to eligible applicants. Please click here for the ballot result.
Enquiry Hotline: (852) 8103 0330
HKHS is partnering with MTR Corporation Limited ("MTRCL") to refurbish vacant flats at Trackside Villas, a MTRCL property located in Tai Po, and convert them into "T-Home" units. By optimising the use of existing housing resources ("PRH"), families applying for public rental housing are provided with a transitional housing option to improve their living environment. The application of Trackside Villas's "T-Home" was closed in June 2020 and all flats were allocated to eligible applicants. You may click here for ballot result.
It is anticipated that HKHS’s rental estate in Kwun Tong, viz Kwun Tong Garden Estate, will be redeveloped in phases in 2025, with Yin Chee Lau and Hay Cheuk Lau fall under the first phase. As such, HKHS has refurbished some of the vacant domestic flats therein for use as transitional housing so as to optimise the use of existing housing resources. Application is opened to those queuing for the Hong Kong Housing Authority’s public rental housing, with an aim to improve their living environment. The application of Kwun Tong Garden Estate's "T-Home" was closed in March 2020 and all flats were allocated to eligible applicants. You may click here for the ballot result.
In 2018, HKHS launched its first “T-Home” project at Yue Kwong Chuen, providing over 200 domestic flats as transitional housing. These refurbished flats were made available for those queuing for the Hong Kong Housing Authority’s public rental housing to apply for temporary stay. The application of Yue Kwong Chuen's "T-Home" was closed in August 2018 and all flats were allocated to eligible applicants. You may click here for the ballot result.