Under the“Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” (“Letting Scheme 2019”), eligible owners of designated subsidised sale flats of HKHS and Hong Kong Housing Authority are allowed to let their flats/bedrooms to eligible households with premium unpaid. “Letting Scheme 2019” aims to optimise the utilisation of existing housing resources while providing a transitional housing option for the people who are applying for public housing and have the need to improve the living environment. Application for eligible owners will open starting from 18 November 2019 while application for tenant households will open in December this year.
Commencing from 18 November 2019, interested owners can get more information about the Scheme, obtain or download the “Letting Scheme 2019” application form via the following locations or platform:
(1) HKHS Applications Section (G/F, Dragon Centre, 23 Wun Sha Street, Tai Hang, Hong Kong)
(2) HKHS Rental Estate Offices
(3) Designated webpage of “Letting Scheme 2019”(lettingscheme.hkhs.com)
(4) Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of the Home Affairs Department (from 18 November to 20 December 2019)
For more details, please contact the Scheme hotline 8108 0678 or refer to the Press Release.
It is anticipated that the Housing Society’s rental estate in Kwun Tong, viz Kwun Tong Garden Estate, will be redeveloped in phases in about five years, with Yin Chee Lau and Hay Cheuk Lau fall under the first phase. As such, the Housing Society has refurbished some of the vacant domestic flats therein for use as transitional housing so as to optimise the use of existing housing resources. Application is opened to those queuing for the Hong Kong Housing Authority’s public rental housing, with an aim to improve their living environment.
Application Period: 12 February 2020 to 10 March 2020
Application fee: HK$100
1. Only accept applications from families of 3-5 persons whose applications for Public Rental Housing of the Housing Authority have been registered for 3 years or above (i.e. the registration date is on or before 26 February 2017); and
2. The application for Public Rental Housing of the Housing Authority must remain valid at any time from the registration date for application of the Housing Authority’s Public Rental Housing up to the subsistence of the Monthly Licence issued under the Scheme; and
3. The information of the applicant and his/her family member(s) must be the same as that of the application for Public Rental Housing of the Housing Authority; and
4. The applicant and his/her family member(s) must comply with the existing policies and criteria for applying Public Rental Housing of the Housing Authority (including but not limited to number of family members, income and asset limit), and must not own directly or indirectly in any manner any domestic property in Hong Kong (including subsidised sale flats) at any time from the date of application for the Housing Authority’s Public Rental Housing up to the subsistence of the Monthly Licence issued under the Scheme.
Applications can be submitted within the application period in one of the following manners:
1) Submit online application and pay the application fee of $100 online at the designated website www.thktgeorphkhs.com. (Please note: If the application has been successfully submitted online, applicants do not have to submit again by post or by hand, otherwise it would be considered as duplicated application.)
2) Application form of the Transitional Rental Housing Scheme – Kwun Tong Garden Estate can be obtained/downloaded at the following locations and via the links below. Submissions by mail or by hand are acceptable.
- Hong Kong Housing Society Applications Section (G/F, Dragon Centre, 23 Wun Sha Street, Tai Hang, Hong Kong)
- Estate Management Offices of HS
- Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of the Home Affairs Department
- Hyperlinks below
Enquiry Hotline: (852) 8103 0330
In 2018, the Housing Society launched its first “T-Home” project at Yue Kwong Chuen, providing over 200 domestic flats as transitional housing. These refurbished flats were made available for those queuing for the Hong Kong Housing Authority’s public rental housing to apply for temporary stay. The application of Yue Kwong Chuen’s “T-Home” was closed in August 2018 and all flats were allocated to eligible applicants. You may click here for the ballot result.